October 26, 2023 - 4th Thursday Seminar Series
From Alessandra Burgos
This Cascadia CoPes Hub 4th Thursday Seminar featured several short talks focused on results from the Hub's 2022 pilot projects. Pilot projects are awarded annually to Cascadia CoPes Hub members who are engaging communities and supporting emergent research activities to support information needs identified by coastal communities.
The seminar featured 6 short talks from each pilot project/rapid response award. You can read more about the pilot projects here.
- "Evaluating the Role of Short- and Long-term Channel Change on Nooksack River Flooding"
- "Collecting Critical Infrastructure Inventories in the Tokeland to Taholah Collaboratory"
- "Enhance Community Disaster Preparedness and Resiliency through Physical and Virtual Drills"
- "Inclusive Community-based STEAM Identity-building in Coastal Hazards Research: Pilot Activities for Cascadia TEACH with the Ocosta School District, WA"
- "Advancing Inclusive Community-Driven Hazards Training"
- "Rapid Response to a Large Scale Tsunami Advisory: Understanding if, how, and why Cascadia Coastal Communities Receive Warnings and Change Behaviors"